Welcome to a coast of flavours
Call in to a local restaurant, café or bistro - coast or countryside, you'll find plenty of places keen to meet the needs of a hungry traveller. Interested in sampling the local fare?
Fresh from the Pacific, our seafood is simply sublime. Raised on rich Tableland pastures, the beef is brilliant. Ripened in warm sunshine, you've never tasted bananas, mangoes, avocados or macadamias like ours.
Delicious fruits and nuts, ripened in the warm subtropical sunshine; nutritious vegetables from rich volcanic soils; fine beef and dairy herds grazing on lush alluvial pastures; plump oysters from the estuaries of broad rivers; and superlative seafood, the splendid bounty of the ocean.
The chefs and restaurateurs of Coffs Coast relish this abundance of fresh local produce – with skill and flair they use them to craft memorable meals that are best enjoyed close to the source.
Bellinger River oysters, Dorrigo potatoes, Orara Valley vine-ripened tomatoes, small fruits from Bellingen, Coffs Harbour prawns and bugs and local wines – don’t miss any of them when you experience the wonderful tastes of Coffs Coast.
With all of this to offer, we have put together a comprehensive dining guide so you can get a taste for what the region has to offer.
In it you will find a great range of resturants offering varying styles and cuisines, funky cosmopolitan-style cafés and bistros, wineries, local producers and markets where you can access fresh produce direct from the grower, food and wine flavoured festivals and events, chef's secret recipes and sample menus.
Coffs Coast Harvest features over 60-pages of information on local food experiences on the Coffs Coast Including:
- Over 20 Recipes from local restaurants featuring local produce.
- Guide to Farmers Markets on the Coffs Coast
- Planting guide and Community Gardens listing
- Coffs Coast Seasonal Calendar
- Coffs Coast Harvest Trail
A full copy of the Coffs Coast Harvest guide is available for only $7 through participating outlets on the Coffs Coast including:
- Coffs Coast Growers Markets – Coffs Harbour
- Harbourside Markets – Coffs Harbour Jetty
- Macksville Producers Market - Macksville
- Canopy Café – Dorrigo
- Big Banana – Coffs Harbour
- Saltwater Restaurant – Emerald Beach
- Café Fiasco – Coffs Harbour Jetty
- Scotts Head Quality Meats – Scotts Head
- Federal Hotel – Bellingen
- Split Café – Sawtell
- Hearthfire Bakery – Bellingen
- Kpane Artisan Bakery – Coffs Harbour Jetty
- Jaaning Tree – Nambucca Heads
- Taste Restaurant – Sawtell
- Two Tails Winery – Nana Glen
- Fig Restaurant – Sawtell
- Raleigh Vineyard and Winery – Raleigh
- The Happy Frog – Coffs Harbour
Here's a sneak preview the Coffs Coast Harvest guide.
Some of our picks...
Ocean Front Brasserie
Saltwater Cafe & Restaurant
Art of Excellence Fine Foods
Bonville Golf Resort - Event Caterer of the Year 2009